ADSM-L

Re: Difference between B/A NT-GUI and Web B/A -Client

2000-01-07 09:04:46
Subject: Re: Difference between B/A NT-GUI and Web B/A -Client
From: Robert Edwards <rob AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:04:46 -0500
Winfried,

The WEB B/A client gets all its information via the TSM Client Acceptor
and TSM Remote Client Agent services. By default, these services log
on as the Local System account, which does not have the necessary
authority to view network drives. In order to see your network drives, you
need to change both of these services to log on as an account that
has permission to map the network drives you wish to use, and you need
to modify that account to automatically map those drives at log on time.

I think there may also be some documentation on this in the
"Installing the Clients" book.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
       Robert Edwards                                 TSM Development
       rob AT us.ibm DOT com

Winfried Heilmann <Winfried.Heilmann AT INFRACOR DOT DE>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
01/07/2000 04:12:21 AM