ADSM-L

moving ADSM server to different LPAR on OS390

2000-01-06 13:24:45
Subject: moving ADSM server to different LPAR on OS390
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:24:45 -0500
We have moved a test ADSM server between a Y2K test LPAR and an LPAR with a
conventional time and date setting. We have also recreated our production ADSM
server on a different LPAR in the course of disaster recovery testing. Our
conventions are such that these moves always entailed a change in the name of
the TCP/IP task the server used. This task name is specified in the server
options file.

We have not had occasion to deal with the tape management issues you
mentioned. When we moved the test server we did not attempt to carry existing
tapes along. When we moved the production server the two LPARs shared the same
tape management system database.