ADSM-L

NT dr watson errors

2000-01-05 10:48:36
Subject: NT dr watson errors
From: "Walter, Jeannine" <Jeannine_Walter AT PURINA-MILLS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:48:36 -0600
Hello all,
I am currently running ADSM Server v3.1.2.40 on AIX.  My NT clients are at
3.1.0.7.  They are NT servers at NT 4 SP 5.  Since I upgraded the NT servers
to 3.1.0.7 I have experienced lots of Dr. Watson errors on the NT boxes.
The event log does not report a problem.  Dsmsched.log shows the back up
beginning and waiting for a tape mount and that's it.  Dsmerror.log shows
nothing.  The connection is severed, the client gets a Dr. Watson and the
service shuts down.  It must be manually restarted.  It will then run fine
for a few days and then same thing.  It happens on all of out NT boxes both
Compaq and Dell.
Anyone else seen this?  How can I fix it?
Thanks for any/all info.

Regards,
Jeannine Walter

Purina Mills, Inc.
St. Louis, MO
314-768-4181
Jeannine_Walter AT Purina-Mills DOT com <mailto:Jeannine_Walter AT Purina-Mills
DOT com>