ADSM-L

dbbackups on the same volume

2000-01-05 04:09:26
Subject: dbbackups on the same volume
From: Andrew Vasilevskiy <andrey AT BTC.MINSK DOT BY>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:09:26 +0200
Hi!
We are using ADSM 3 1 2 30 for WinNT and SCSI optical libr.3995C68. The current
ADSM database  size is smth like 100Mb. We are using 5.2Gb RW cartridges for
database backup. Is it really so:
1. 5.2Gb cartridge is used as dbbackup volume (less then 2%) only (until next
dbbackup version appear and previous expired)?
2. Next version (full dbbackup) can not be placed on this volume?
3. Every new dbbackup, full or incremental, can be done only on new (scratch)
volume?
The product is new for us and the documentation seemes to be not corresponding.
That's why detailes are needed.
Thanx for all.
Andrey Vasilevskiy
andrey AT btc.minsk DOT by
ICQ: 38144461
P.S.:If smth is wrong with my questions, then I wonder why could not I write
ADSM dbbackups on the same volume day after day.