ADSM-L

ADSM 3.1.2.50

2000-01-04 21:12:42
Subject: ADSM 3.1.2.50
From: Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:12:42 +0800
I'm planning to upgrade the AIX ADSM Servers (on AIX 4.1 & AIX 4.3) from
3.1.2.13 (rather old) to the currently available code 3.1.2.50. Has anyone
installed this level and if so how is it going - good or bad ?

Also, I'm planning to upgrade the 3590B in 3494 to 3590E after this server
patch upgrade. Apart from loading the up-to-date 3590 micro code level, any
problems on the upgrade.

As I am upgraing from 3590B (non-ultra), I would expect great performance
improvement on the sliver node server (also replace SCSI-2 Differential
adapter with Ultra SCSI adapter) but not much on the R40 with MCA. Anyone
can share his experience?

As there are ~3000 of tapes, practically, do you migrate tape data from
3590B format to 3590E format and what kinds of difficulties do you
encounter?

Comments would be appreciated.

Regards,
Eric Tang