ADSM-L

Re: Difference between dsmlabel and internal "label volume" commands

2000-01-04 03:40:23
Subject: Re: Difference between dsmlabel and internal "label volume" commands
From: "Mecki M." <RMESCHON AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:40:23 +0100
Hi Jim,

the process we use for backing up those (and a few more) files is to let ADSM
point
to rootvg-filesystems for those files and we get them with the mksysb-tape.

This is under AIX.

The tapes we're using are especially for this purpose and not labelled for
ADSM-needs.

The drive is the 8mm-unit, defined as a manual drive to ADSM as mt0 and to AIX
as rmt0.
The state is changed via rmdev/mkdev-command and an access to that drive fails
if
it is in use by the other system, but having scheduled the operations no
failures occured.

As far as I do not know on which System and Hardware you are, nor do I know more
about the error-messages you get during re-labelling your volumes, I hope that
this
Information is useful for you.

Regards
     Meckï