ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Freezing

2000-01-03 13:11:59
Subject: Re: ADSM Freezing
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:11:59 -0500
I've seen the "freeze" in .40 under AIX
It is like it hits a deadlock situation but "show deadlock" returns nothing
"halt" does work under aix adsm at stopping the server

Seems to happen when say expiration is running and a client comes in to run
a backup
and/or expiration & a reclamation on a tape (probably expiration is
processing a node's data who also has data on the tape being reclaimed)

Dwight

BP-Amoco