ADSM-L

Status on ODBC Problem

2000-01-03 09:19:27
Subject: Status on ODBC Problem
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:19:27 +0100
Hello,
I hope you all had good turn into 2000! I have not detected any
Y2K-related problems. Only the old well known!
Here is one.
When I try to use MS Access on NT 4.0 SP4 to access the ADSM database
it works fine when I import the table (e.g. nodes). It doesn't work
when I link the table. Linking the table itself works. However, when I
try to open the table I get something like "ODBC call failure". This
phrase may not be exact, because I had to translate iit from German.

I found several mails to ADSM-L regarding ODBC. However, I was not able
to find a final solution. Could anybody tell me what the problem is?

Best regards
Gerhard
---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany