ADSM-L

Backint date y2k

2000-01-01 07:34:10
Subject: Backint date y2k
From: Adriana Abouchar <adrianas AT BR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:34:10 -0300
 Hello there and Happy New Year,

We have verified that after the transition from 1999 to 2000 Backint 2.3.x
logs now shows in the year digit 9A instead of 00. We have found documents
saying that this is expected and normal, so I just want to share this
information to all the ADSM forumers using SAP
and Backint :

For SAP we need a unique backup ID. No matter if there is a date in

the ID or not.

For convenience the ID should be ordered the newest on top.
We only have 16 digits for our ID. So we can't use a 4 digit year.
We decided to increment the year by 99, 9A, 9B, 9C, ... to keep
the order. Because of the history of BACKINT this was the most
reasonable way for us to avoid the year 2000 problem. But SAP
doesn't care of the contents of the backup ID. So you shouldn't
run into any trouble.

Regards,
BACKINT Team Boeblingen

Thanks,