ADSM-L

Re: Inc Backup stops with ANS4028E

1999-12-29 13:23:41
Subject: Re: Inc Backup stops with ANS4028E
From: Alfred Novacek <Novacek AT POP.IDV.UNI-LINZ.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:23:41 +0100
Andre,

some time ago I had a similar problem; on a certain NT system, ADSM backup
always stopped at a certain place.

It turned out to be a problem with the NTFS file system (surely, NTFS does
a hard job to fix these problem with its logs, but occasionally, some
problems seam to slip through). The cure was to run CHKDSK x: /F (x: is the
drive that is cousing Your problem) from the command prompt. NT will
probably tell You it cannot do a CHKDSK now, and ask whether it should be
done during the next reboot; confirm, reboot the system, and see wether
Your problem got fixed.

HTH - Alfred

>Hi *SM'ers,
>
>Thanks a lot to both of you, Richard and Eric, for pointing me to use
>the latest NT client code. I now upgraded to 3.1.0.7, that's the latest,
>according to the Tivoli website.
>
>Alas, the backup still stops at about the same place!
>I'll now place a call to IBM support.
>
>Regards, Andre

[...]

Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Institute for Data Processing in Business Administrations,
     Economics and Social Sciences
Johannes Kepler University Linz / Austria
E-Mail: Novacek AT idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
        Novacek AT pop.idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
WWW: http://www.idv.uni-linz.ac.at