ADSM-L

Cleaning Frequency

1999-12-27 14:27:18
Subject: Cleaning Frequency
From: Carrie Hughes <cahughes AT MCO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 14:27:18 -0500
We have purchased an Exabyte 690d Tape Library and attached it to our ADSM
server.  The problem I am running into is how to get the library to automaticly
clean the drives.  I have set the CLEANFREQUENCY to 100GB.  This seemed to work
for a couple of months with each drive being cleaned every couple of days, but
now my drives are not all getting cleaned automatically.  The help on UPDATE
DRIVE CLEANINGFREQUENCY tells me that TSM resets the gigabytes-processed
counter each time it loads a cleaner.  Is there a query I can run to find the
values in the gigabytes-processed counter??

Thanks!

Carrie