ADSM-L

Re: Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"

1999-12-27 13:52:58
Subject: Re: Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"
From: Steve Fletcher <sfletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:52:58 -0500
Why would you need to wait till then to create the pool? Couldn't you create the
"Y2K copy pool" now by copying your primary pool(s) when you have more time.
Then during the final window on New Years eve, backup the primary pools again
which should pick up only what has been added into the primary pools and take a
full database backup.  That should give you a complete snapshot of your primary
storage pools.  The only down side is you might have a few tapes in the "Y2K
copy pool which would have some free space, but it doesn't sound like tape
utilization is a problem.

Just MHO though.
Steve

Phil Bone <PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM> on 12/27/99 01:46:46 PM