ADSM-L

Problem with backup from WinNT

1999-12-23 17:20:49
Subject: Problem with backup from WinNT
From: Julie Xu <j.xu AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:20:49 +1000
Dear all,

I had problem to run del file fistserv filespace command before and I have
fixed
it. Thanks for all the help from you.

More problem:
One of our WinNT have been added to ADSM recently. and It can not do backup
with error message:
ANS1131E Unable to continue operation. Duplicate labels exist.

I have checked the ibm web and it is said the error is:
ANS1131E Unable to continue operation. Duplicate labels exist.
Explanation: The selected drive has a duplicate volume label. Because ADSM
uses the volume label to keep track of backup/archive information, it cannot
back up or archive files from a drive with a duplicate volume label.
System Action: ADSM cannot select the drive.
User Response: If the volume needs to be available to the system, exit ADSM,
and assign a volume label to the drive. Restart ADSM and retry the operation.

We have about to Win NT on ADSM server and none of them had such problem
before. How could I fix it???

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu