ADSM-L

Re: Rebinding inactive objects

1999-12-22 13:57:32
Subject: Re: Rebinding inactive objects
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:57:32 -0500
Miles, your include statement should have a * to wildcard the files, for
example

Include /spdata/* 30day

That will rebind all the files in that directory to the 30day MC. If you
want to include subdirectories, your include should look like

Include /spdata/.../* 30day

For backup, active and their inactive versions are rebound to the 30day MC.
If files were deleted, that is only inactive versions exist, then there is
no way of rebinding these. This is true also for archive "versions" which
also cannot be rebound. All you can do is change the MC definition
(copygroups).

For massive changes in MC assignment, start over again for a file system by
renaming the filespace to something that does not exist, then redo the
entire backup of the file space with the new MC definitions, and after an
appropriate amount of time, delete the old filespace. Remember "filespace"
is the entity on ADSM/TSM, "file system" is what's on AIX.

Regards,

Joerg Pohlmann
(604) 535-0452

Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT NISA.GC DOT CA> on 99 12 22 10:16:42