ADSM-L

Re: EMC DASD

1999-12-16 16:32:07
Subject: Re: EMC DASD
From: "Alan R. White" <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:32:07 -0000
I would just add that if you are prepared to do lots of coding yourself and
you have a very good relationship with EMC then they might have some code
lying around which allows communication across the Symms. I mean they have
their own products which allow data transfer across the Symms. some
butchered FTP port.

You would need to take this code and bolt it underneath some quite freely
available tcp port proxy code.

I don't think you'll ever get EMC to make a generic port proxy available
themselves, it sort of negates the need for their backup product EDM which
can do backup across the Symms but if you're used to ADSm yo'll find it a
bit primitive.

Regards
Alan