ADSM-L

Re: IMPORT

1999-12-15 17:21:43
Subject: Re: IMPORT
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:21:43 PST
---------------------------- Top of message ----------------------------
>>--> 12-15-99  14:21  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: IMPORT
>>--> 12-15-99  14:21  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: IMPORT

Ginny:  This is really not a security issue.  The PREFIX parm in the
DEVCLASS is used to create the data set name and when the import occurs,
it only has the PREFIX on the import DEVCLASS on which to build what it
thinks the name is on the tape to pass to the operating system.  In your
case, I would think the easiest way around this would be to create an
additional DEVCLASS on your import machine with the PREFIX you are
importing.

Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668