ADSM-L

Directories ignored

1999-12-15 04:40:28
Subject: Directories ignored
From: Rainer Wolf <Rainer.Wolf AT RZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:40:28 +0100
Hello,
i have a very strange problem:

Server 3.1.2.40 / AIX
Client Solaris 5.7 / 3.1.0.7

A Raid Box which is connected to the Client
has 2 big Filesystems, /RAID/soft/
and /RAID/data/
The big usertree is under /RAID/data/home/
When doing an incremental Backup of
/RAID/data/ some files are noramly saved
(
12/14/99   03:57:01 Normal File-->           962,560 /RAID/data/TT_DB/
... )
At the end the schedule says :
Successful incremental backup of '/RAID/data'

The Problem is that the /RAID/data/home/
Directory is completely ignored ( not because of excludes )

Now running manually a backup of /RAID/data/ has the same
effect - no message about this home Dir.
Running an incremental of /RAID/data/home/
I can get an error message:

Incremental backup of volume '/RAID/data/home/'
ANS4014E Error processing '/RAID/data/home/': unknown system error (140)
encountered.  Program ending.
Doing the same with selective : it works !
But I cant' do always a selective Backup.

Doing some tests I experiance another strange phenomen:
doing an incremental backup from inside the home-tree like
dsmc inc -subdir=yes /RAID/data/home/jack/
... works without Problem !
And NOW : if I do again a
dsmc inc -subdir=yes /RAID/data/home/
... it works -- but I don't know why .
This ( workaround ? ) doesn't help for the scheduled Backup
and a scheduled selective makes no sense because of the size.

Thanks in advance for any hints / help

Rainer

 Rainer Wolf                    rainer.wolf AT rz.uni-ulm DOT de
 Tel: 0731-50-22482             Fax: 0731-50-22471
 Universitaet Ulm
 Universitaetsrechenzentrum     Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
 AG Basissysteme                89069 Ulm