ADSM-L

No drives available after conversion to 3466 C30

1999-12-14 11:26:40
Subject: No drives available after conversion to 3466 C30
From: mike pishko <mpishko AT INFINET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:26:40 -0500
Hi

I recently converted from 3466 B01 to C30 with 6 3590E drives.
When I converted I set tapes to readonly on old system , till they
where reclaimed (scratched) for new E drives . Problem is tapes
are written to fine , but when read for restores , reclaims , copypools
I get messages ANR8447 'No drives Available'   and ANR1401
Mount failed ???? event though all 6 drives are available . I have
been working with level 2 , but they have no solution ... What is
strange is if I set the tapes that cant mount to readonly , than it
works
... so I need to set tapes to readwrite for writing and readonly for
reading ?

I assume that since we ordered a new 3466 box with 6 new E drives
that definition and microcode would be ok ?  Or would IBM send
pre-defined
3466 with wrong microcode for 3590E drives

Microcode: A0B00E26

any ideas ...