ADSM-L

The real RecoveryLog MAX size is 5416 MB of usable space but 542 0 MB IS DANGEROUS.

1999-12-10 09:37:27
Subject: The real RecoveryLog MAX size is 5416 MB of usable space but 542 0 MB IS DANGEROUS.
From: "MAES, FRANCIS" <francis.maes AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:37:27 +0100
Hello,

Due to my problems with server down and reclog full, I tested the exact
maximum size for the Recovery Log and found it is 5416 MB of usable space.

If you try to add a RecLog volume that will make the total usable space
greater than 5420 MB, your task will fail with a clear message:
 ANR2452E DEFINE LOGVOLUME: Maximum recovery log capacity exceeded.
 ANS8001I Return code 14.

The problem is when you add a logrec volume that make the total usable space
equal to 5420 MB.
Attention, in this case, the server will IMMEDIATELY CRASH !! with a
usercode 301.

APAR PQ33542 has been opened for this problem.

Server 3.1.2.40 or TSM 3.7.

Best regards.

Francis.