ADSM-L

Re: Backup to Copyppol different to Migrated

1999-12-09 13:27:34
Subject: Re: Backup to Copyppol different to Migrated
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:27:34 -0500
John,

The first thing that strikes me is this:  When you do a backup of your primary
storage pool to your copy pool, it is only going to copy the objects are not
already
in the copy pool.  Say for example,  your primary pool has 5G of inc data in it
one
day and you do a backup of it to your copy pool.  Then let's say that you don't
migrate the data off of the primary pool and then it fills up with another 5G
of inc
data for a total of 10G.  When you do another backup storage pool, only 5G of
this
is going to be sent to the copy pool because ADSM knows that you have a copy of
the
first 5G in the copy pool already.  Could a scenario like have happened at your
site?

adam

Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems