ADSM-L

Re: Can't get Lotus Notes Agent to perform a scheduled

1999-12-09 02:49:01
Subject: Re: Can't get Lotus Notes Agent to perform a scheduled
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:49:01 +0200
Hi John,

The two services installed during the client install of ADSM is:
ADSM Remote Client Agent
ADSM Client Acceptor

Of these two ONLY the ADSM Client Acceptor should be set to Automatic
and always be started - please bare in mind if you do not use the
ADSM Web client these two services never need to start.
The ADSM remote client agent will start automatically AS NEEDED once
the client acceptor has accepted a connection from a remote browser.

Hope this clears things up in this regard.

As far as the original question is concerned, the second service you
installed by hand for the ADSM Notes side. Make sure that when you
set up a schedule on your ADSM server for this guy it should be a
command schedule issueing the command line agent backup string.

Make sure the full path to this command is correctly specified in
the command.

Other than this I don't have much more that I can think of right
now.

Hope you come right!

Regards
Christo Heuer