ADSM-L

ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft SQL Server v1.1.2

1999-12-08 14:59:31
Subject: ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft SQL Server v1.1.2
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:59:31 +0000
Is the ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft SQL Server v1.1.2 client software
compatible with the ADSM Windows NT client software v3.1.0.7?

The Tivoli web-site
(http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/storage_mgt/adsm/adagent.htm#SQL)
suggests that to use ADSM scheduling with the ADSMConnect Agent, I can use
any v2 or v3 NT client. However, I am having problems.

I have installed the ADSM Windows NT client software v3.1.0.7f (from
IP21618) and then tried installing the SQL Connect Agent v1.1.2 (from
IP21873). When I come to install the ADSM scheduler for the SQL agent using
the DSMCUTIL command, I get an error.

Whenever I run DSMCUTIL (with or without options) I get the following:
"The ordinal 28 could not be located in the dynamic link library
ADSMV3.DLL"
This DLL exists in the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory and is dated 30th August
1999. It seems to have been installed by the latest SQL Agent software and
is more recent than the one which was installed by the ADSM Windows NT
client.

I didn't want to upgarde to the TSM 3.7 client for Windows NT until we've
done some more testing of it in our environment. However the 1.1.2 SQL
Agent gives us some features we need now. Does anybody know how I can get
it to work alongside the ADSM 3.1.0.7 client or do I need to go back to the
1.1.1a SQL Agent?

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Kelda Group plc and its subsidiaries, UK
Registered in England and Wales No 2366627