ADSM-L

TSM WIN32 client dsm.opt file

2015-10-04 17:36:16
Subject: TSM WIN32 client dsm.opt file
From: Julie Phinney [mailto:jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are installing the Tivoli Storage Manager WIN32 client and when we click
on Backup Client Options, there is nothing there.  According to the doc on
the internet, a file called BA_DSM.OPT is supposed to be copied to either
DSM.OPT if there isn't one, or DSM.NEW if DSM.OPT already exists.
But after what appears to be a successful install, we have no BA_DSM.OPT,
no DSM.OPT or DSM.NEW.
We do however, have a directory called CONFIG with DSM.SMP  in it.
I don't want to have to copy that file over as part of every regular
install, and shouldn't have to, according to the doc I saw.
Has anyone else run into this?
Thanks,
Julie