ADSM-L

TSM WIN32 client dsm.opt file

1999-12-07 22:28:51
Subject: TSM WIN32 client dsm.opt file
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:28:51 -0600
We are installing the Tivoli Storage Manager WIN32 client and when we click
on Backup Client Options, there is nothing there.  According to the doc on
the internet, a file called BA_DSM.OPT is supposed to be copied to either
DSM.OPT if there isn't one, or DSM.NEW if DSM.OPT already exists.
But after what appears to be a successful install, we have no BA_DSM.OPT,
no DSM.OPT or DSM.NEW.
We do however, have a directory called CONFIG with DSM.SMP  in it.
I don't want to have to copy that file over as part of every regular
install, and shouldn't have to, according to the doc I saw.
Has anyone else run into this?
Thanks,
Julie