ADSM-L

Re: Automatic reporting of backups status via email

1999-12-07 22:23:41
Subject: Re: Automatic reporting of backups status via email
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 22:23:41 -0500
To accomplish this, I wrote a script which generates a macro file.  This
macro file is then executed, dumping the output into a series of files
which are then processed and sent to the node contact (I keep a text-file
db of contacts -> email addresses). This script is from from cron on the
ADSM server (AIX 4.3.2) each morning. I don't know if this is the most
efficient way to accomplish this type of reporting, but it works for
me....