ADSM-L

HP-UX Restores

1999-12-07 19:43:07
Subject: HP-UX Restores
From: "Kelly, Joan B." <joan.kelly AT CPLC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:43:07 -0500
We have ADSM server 3.1.2.20 and HP-UX OS 10.20 and ADSM client 3.1.0.5.

We are having problems getting a restore to work properly.  We lost a root
disk - reloaded OS from cds, rebuilt volume groups, installed ADSM.  We
could run ADSM at command line prompt, but got errors attempting to use the
gui (/usr/ACC directories not available).  FTP'd files needed over from
another server and now get some files restored, but also receive internal
error, no ADSM error messages at all.  Checked ADSM activity log and it
doesn't have any mention of errors - shows x number of files restored.  Does
anyone have the proper process?  We have been told that we cannot bring back
the OS, nor overwrite the files and that we must pick and choose everything
that isn't OS related or re-install the applications, etc.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks