ADSM-L

Re: archive (gotta get it all)

1999-12-07 17:04:18
Subject: Re: archive (gotta get it all)
From: Tony Rynan <tonyr AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:04:18 +1100
Hi Andy,

Wouldn't this whole exercise be easier if a filespace argument of nothing
(like incremental) matched all the local filespaces for the client
node......

Can we raise a design change request for this.......???? And how about
having archive use the include/exclude file as well ...

regards Tonyr

For AIX, I use the following scripts (stupid) script..

#!/bin/ksh
#
# ADSM Archive a node to a monthly milestone queue.
#
# Date:   21/1/99
#
# Desc:   This script is intended to be used from any node that requires a
#      milestone archive. The script will select all local mounted
filespaces and
#      archive the files.
#
# Input:  none
# Output: Success or Failure Code
#
#
# Revisions:
#
#

# Offsite mail userid
USERID="root"

ARCHMC=milestone_month

# Determine the filesystems to be archived
FILESPACES=`df | grep \/dev\/ | awk '{print$7}'`

echo $FILESPACES
echo $ARCHMC

ARGLIST=""

# Build Filespace arg list
for i in $FILESPACES
do
if [ $i = "/" ]; then
     ARGLIST="\"/*\""
else
     ARGLIST="$ARGLIST \"$i/*\""
fi
done

# Execute the dsmc archive command

echo "dsmc archive archmc=$ARCHMC -subdir=yes $ARGLIST"
dsmc archive "-archmc=$ARCHMC" "-subdir=yes" $ARGLIST

Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM> on 08/12/99 02:11:56