ADSM-L

Re: archive (gotta get it all)

1999-12-07 10:28:37
Subject: Re: archive (gotta get it all)
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:28:37 -0500
Hi Cris, since you are a MA based company, someone in your company should be
aware of the Commisoners thoughts on this.  Maybe they are ignoring it
(which would be nice if we could, also),, but,,,,,,

The "normal" backups don't meet the percieved requirement (keep for 10
years) unless we never expire anything.  Since we keep 14 versions, in
theory we only will have two weeks of backup of a daily updated file.  So,
the ONLY way to do this is with ARCHIVE.  YUK!!!

Dave Sanders
Sr. Technical Consultant
MassMutual / The Blue Chip Company
1295 State St, E060, Springfield, MA 01111
413-744-5095