ADSM-L

Re: archive (gotta get it all)

1999-12-07 06:56:28
Subject: Re: archive (gotta get it all)
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 06:56:28 -0500
Betsy, thanks for that suggestion.  But, I don't seem to be able to do this
from my serve using the automated schedular.  I'm looking to do a generic
backup for all platforms with a customized 1-time schedule.  I've seen
references that say that to include "all stuff" you may have to create
seperate schedules for each platform.  I was willing to do that but, I can't
even get the Win95 one to "get it all".

If I use "domain c: d:", that will work fine except for those workstations
that don't have a "d" drive.  So it gets marked as failed and then will try
to rerun and will redo the c: drive data over again.

It looks like I will have to go thru the filespaces and have seperate
schedules for those that have "c only" drives and another one for "c & d"?

BTW: we do realize how much potential data we will be pumping over the
network.  It's been raised as an issue and we are trying to determine how we
can ask our clients to stop processing for the length of time that we need
to do their quiesced backup.  Two opposing forces:  the client's need for
processing their data as normal (maybe more so before the Y2K rollover) vs.
the Insurance Commisioner request.

Dave Sanders
Sr. Technical Consultant
MassMutual / The Blue Chip Company
1295 State St, E060, Springfield, MA 01111
413-744-5095