ADSM-L

HSM MOUNT POINTS

1999-12-03 07:52:56
Subject: HSM MOUNT POINTS
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 04:52:56 PST
Hello ADSMers,

I been testing some migration of HSM filesystems.
We have big filesytems & pracitcally we are running
out of inodes. We have this problem.

1. Filesystem
      /DATA/ABC/

2. There are about 200 directories under the above filesystem.
  I want to make each directory as a new filesystem.

e.g.
    Directory /DATA/ABC/123

will be now filesystem.

Now I do not want to do it all at the same time but one by one.
So I started testing in test machine. I got strange things
like files under /DATA/ABC/123 filesystem also appear in
the candidates list of /DATA/ABC filesystem when runnning
"reconcile process". Now is this concept problem I have or
is really ADSM cannot see that there is filesystem mounted
under another filesystem.

Any Suggestions,

Thanks
Arshad Munir