ADSM-L

ANR8208W

1999-12-02 13:04:49
Subject: ANR8208W
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:04:49 -0500
Help!

I had to cycle my ADSM Server, and on startup, I'm getting an ANR8208W.  I
have to start the server in the foreground to see this, since it means I
can't start sessions on TCPIP Port 1500.  Here's the help text:

adsm> h anr8208
ANR8208W  TCP/IP DRIVER UNABLE TO INITIALIZE DUE TO ERROR IN BINDING TO
ANR8208W  TCP/IP DRIVER UNABLE TO INITIALIZE DUE TO ERROR IN BINDING TO
PORT
port, REASON CODE reason code.

EXPLANATION:  While initializing TCP/IP communications, ADSM fails to
connect
to a master socket on which to listen for clients.  The reason code is the
return code from the TCP/IP bind API.

SYSTEM ACTION:  Server operation continues, but the server cannot accept
sessions from clients using the TCP/IP protocol.

USER RESPONSE:  Ensure that no other application is using the port number
specified in the server options file with the PORT option by issuing the
TCP/IP
 netstat command. If HTTP is also in use for ADSM client sessions, ensure
that
the same port number is not specified for both TCP/IP and HTTP
communications.
If the server was brought down and client sessions were active, it may be
necessary to terminate the client sessions on the client systems before the
port can be freed.

I did all of this, but netstat is still showing a bunch of sessions on port
 1500.  How do I clear sessions off of the ports?

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?