ADSM-L

Re: Tapes Ejected during Library Testing

1999-11-30 15:27:02
Subject: Re: Tapes Ejected during Library Testing
From: Kelli Jones <JONESK AT CO.CHESTERFIELD.VA DOT US>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:27:02 -0500
when doing so...tapes can then be checked in as scratch? (I'm VERY new at this)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Kelli Jones wrote:

> During testing on a 3575 by an IBM CE, 5 tapes were ejected that should still
> be in the library.  What is the easiest and safest (for data integrity
> purposes) way to get these tapes back in the system?  Two methods I've been
> given are to literally open the door and insert the tapes and run an audit or
> to check out the tapes and then check them back in.  Any thoughts?

Run a audit, which should reconcile ADSM with what the 3575 knows is
inside.  Then you can check them back in thru the top door I/O port.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,