ADSM-L

Re: Search Activity Log

1999-11-24 17:09:48
Subject: Re: Search Activity Log
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 11:09:48 +1300
>    More specifically I am searching the activity log, looping
>    every 5 minutes, for a particular text string to determine if
>    expire inventory has completed successfully.

I use an SQL select:
        select status from processes where process ='Expiration' to
see if it is running.  You could then look back 5 minutes in the
activity log for the pattern.

Another method is to set up a process that runs "dsmadmc -console",
reads the output line by line and triggers when it sees the pattern
you want.

You can not stop specific events going into the activity log (see the
help for disable events).

Russell