ADSM-L

ADSM and HSM clients

1999-11-24 10:20:58
Subject: ADSM and HSM clients
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:20:58 -5
I looking for thoughts/comments/opinions (good and bad) about using
HSM with ADSM.

  Does it work?
  Are there problems with it?
  Is it reliable?
  Is it hard/easy to setup and administer?

Were interested in these questions in relation to the following
systems:

1)  IBM AIX clients.

2)  NT Server clients (is there a HSM client for NT?).

3)  Netware clients (is there a HSM client for Netware?).  This is
actually what were most interested in.  Our netware servers are
getting too big and have too many unused files that everyone is
afraid to get rid of.  Our IBM rep indicated that there was a 3rd
party HSM client for Netware, but I couldn't find any mention of it
on Tivoli's web site.

Thanks

rick
Richard L. Rhodes     e: rhodesr AT firstenergycorp DOT com
Richard L. Rhodes     e: rhodesr AT firstenergycorp DOT com
Ohio Edison Co.       p: 330-384-4904
                      f: 330-384-2514