ADSM-L

Re: Trying to get a work around for db2.

1999-11-23 17:08:26
Subject: Re: Trying to get a work around for db2.
From: Rodrigo Gazzaneo <rodrigo_gazzaneo AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:08:26 EST
Hi,

Using 2 clients on the same box is simple.

Use 2 different opt files, with NODENAME
parameter set different (if not defined,
hostname is default).

Use environment variable DSM_CONFIG
to change OPT file in use.

Switch DSMI_CONFIG for adsm and db2
backup.

Or use the command line option :

dsmc a,i,s -optfile="xxxx.opt" ...

For the scheduler, add "optfile"
setup to the "options" string.

regards,
Rodrigo

From: "Jason E. Thomas" <syne7 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Trying to get a work around for db2.
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:04:44 -0600

        I am trying to get a work around for my db2 problem.  I can make
db2 backup
if I don't use and includeexclude file.  However I need to back up some
file
via the backup archive client via schedule also.  Is it possible to
register
one client as two differnt nodes to the same server?  If so (I wouldn't
think you'd install to the client twice) is it a matter of kung-fu editing
on the dsm.sys and opt files?  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
  Jason E. Thomas
  syne7 AT yahoo DOT com / ronin91 AT home DOT com
  Systems Engineer
  Dickens Services Group [DSG]