ADSM-L

Problem restoring files from copy pool

1999-11-23 11:38:47
Subject: Problem restoring files from copy pool
From: Vern Maxson <vmlist AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:38:47 -0800
I had a problem reading the tape label from a tape in
my primary tape pool, so I tried the "restore volume"
command.  The copy tape loaded into a new tape drive,
and snapped the tape right at the tape label.  The
rest of the data on both tapes is good, but I can't
get to it because ADSM cannot read the label on either
tape.

Is there any way to retrieve the data?  The Support
Center couldn't help me.  It seems that there should
be a way to tell ADSM to bypass reading the label, or
there should be a utility that will ignore the label
and copy files to another tape, using the same tape
label so that the ADSM database won't get confused.