ADSM-L

Re: Speeding up restores

1999-11-22 11:40:49
Subject: Re: Speeding up restores
From: "Jason Morgan - I.T." <Jason.Morgan AT BLAENAU-GWENT.GOV DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:40:49 -0000
Hi Chris,

Collocation will help because files are grouped together by Client Node or
Filespace therby requiring fewer media mounts on restore processing. On the
down side more media mounts are required to collocate files and also more
mounts are required during reclamation and storage pool processing.

Cheers Jason