ADSM-L

Re: yet another 3590E question

1999-11-19 18:12:50
Subject: Re: yet another 3590E question
From: Tom Bell <tom.bell AT WAII DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:12:50 -0600
We have 2 3590B drives and 2 3590E drives in our 3494.  We have separate
storage pools set up for the two types of drives, since you cannot
freely move labelled media between the drives.  A tape labelled by a
3590E drive cannot be read by a 3590B drive.  A tape labelled by a 3590B
drive can be read by a 3590E drive, but cannot be written by a 3590E
drive.  As we have been migrating from 3590B to 3590E media, we remove
excess 3590B scratch volumes from the 3590B storage pool and re-label
them into the 3590E storage pool.

In addition to using the 3590B drives to move data from 3590B to 3590E
media, we write our database backups to the 3590B drives.

--
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT westgeo DOT com
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT westgeo DOT com

If it were easy, anyone could do it.