ADSM-L

Re: Standalone Restore for Win95/98 PC

1999-11-19 16:15:46
Subject: Re: Standalone Restore for Win95/98 PC
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:15:46 -0600
     Hi Greg, you only missed one step.  ADSM restored the registry to
     files in ADSM.SYS directory.  While still running the temporary NT
     system copy the files out of that directory into the NT registry
     directory C:\WINNT\system32\config

     Eric

Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    11/16/99 7:14 PM

Recently, I tried this method on a Windows NT machine, which wasn't in
use. I allowed the ADSM scheduler to backup my machine.  The next day, I
formated the hard disk and reinstalled enough of NT to allow me to connect
to my adsm server.  I installed windows in c:\wintemp.  After installing
NT, I added the adsm client software.  I than used the ADSM restore
option and the files were restored but NT could reboot telling me it's
registry files didn't exist.  We want this to be a feasible restore option
for machines in our  department. Is there anything I missed and/or has
anyone done this with success on NT?

Greg