ADSM-L

Re: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB

1999-11-19 11:22:54
Subject: Re: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:22:54 -0500
I also have to agree - and one of the big reasons is Matt's note about
falling back to a week-old ADSM database and loosing a week's backups.
Developers take note: I CAN'T DO THIS! Backups I can loose; archives MUST BE
KEPT. And my window for ADSM shutdowns is 12 hours long - once per week. If
the tools provided cannot recover/audit the database in this time period,
and I cannot recover the data from archives that have occurred since the
previous version of the database, then I need NEW tools.

And yes, I continue to look at solutions other than ADSM.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc.