ADSM-L

ADSM NT Server & Extended Device support costs.

2015-10-04 17:37:12
Subject: ADSM NT Server & Extended Device support costs.
From: Cohn, Grant [mailto:Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
Hello All

We have recently been doing investigations to increase the capacity of our
ADSM system.

We currently run with 2 dual drive 3570's (B-type) with the ADSM server
running on AIX

We looked at now running ADSM server running on NT with a much bigger
library (Either a 3575 L12 or some DLT library)

The big shock came when seeing the additional price for extended device
support for ADSM for NT Version 3.7. We have been told the cost of the
extended device support is TWENTY times the cost of the license for ADSM on
NT.

Anyone else experienced this?

Regards

Grant Cohn.