ADSM-L

Digital Tru64 Unix v5 with IP21624.tar client?

1999-11-17 17:22:10
Subject: Digital Tru64 Unix v5 with IP21624.tar client?
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:22:10 -0600
Has anyone used the IP21624.tar client with Digital Tru64 Unix v5?  We are
having installation problems as per the following note from a Unix-savvy
customer:

  I untarred the IP21624.tar file in /usr/users/bohm/tmp and then typed:
# setld -l /usr/users/bohm/tmp DSMBAC310 DSMAPI310

        Using the 'pwd' argument with both the tcsh and sh returns an error
message also:

# setld -l 'pwd' DSMBAC310 DSMAPI310
setld: Device pwd not supported for installations.
setld: cannot initialize pwd

This in not suprising since the man page for setld suggests for the location
argument:

 The location argument specifies the location of the distribution. This
  location can be the name of a directory, a device special file name, or the
  name of a remote installation server. The specified location determines the
  type of media to be used. Valid location specifiers can be similar to the
  following examples:

  /dev/tape/tape0h
      Magnetic tape on tape unit 0

  /mnt/ALPHA/BASE
      Disk distribution in the /mnt/ALPHA/BASE directory