ADSM-L

Re: Storage media inaccessible in a 3494 library

1999-11-17 12:30:23
Subject: Re: Storage media inaccessible in a 3494 library
From: "Forrester, Benjamin S." <ForresterB AT MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:30:23 -0600
That is what is particularly strange about the error, there can be at least
two mount points available, sometimes more in the library when this happens.
There is nothing physically wrong with the drives and you can see the
cartrige sitting in its slot in the library. Moving data on other carts work
just fine, but we get the error with just a select number of volumes. I've
tried the moves at different times of the day, when no other processes are
running but the error is still the same. Any more ideas are very welcome.

Ben Forrester