ADSM-L

Server-to-server on TSM3.7

1999-11-17 11:55:09
Subject: Server-to-server on TSM3.7
From: Andrew Taylor <AndrewTaylor2 AT HALIFAX.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:55:09 -0000
This is one I've fired out to the local Tivoli rep., but I'll post it here
as well whilst waiting for an answer:

I am looking at DRM for a fairly high-level report, and looking through the
Tivoli website I've seen two things:

(i) Server-to-server is now listed amongst the features of the base product.
(ii) All the important functionality of v.3.1 server-to-server (stgpool and
db backups to other ADSM servers) is listed under Tivoli DRM.

What is the actual position here? Is the "server-to-server" functionality of
the base product simply the ability to define a devclass of server, but that
you can't actually use this devclass unless you install DRM. Unfortunately,
I'm not in a position to play with 3.7 and find out for myself at the moment
and I can't see the answer in the 3.7 Technical Guide.

Unless I'm missing something server-to-server in TSM seems to be a bit of a
non-feature.

Thanks,

Andrew Taylor,
Halifax plc,
Yorkshire,
UK

andrewtaylor2 AT halifax.co DOT uk

This message is attributable to the sender and does not necessarily reflect
the view of Halifax Group plc or its subsidiaries

 11/17/99 17:11:23
Part of the Halifax Group, Halifax Group plc, Registered in England No.
2367076.  Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG.
Represents only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes
of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.
The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Switchboard 01422 333333.