ADSM-L

Restoring ADSM database

1999-11-17 05:04:04
Subject: Restoring ADSM database
From: Stanislav KESTER <kester AT ZELPO DOT SK>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:04:04 +0100
Hello all !

I have following problem with restoring of ADSM database. When anybody
know help, please send me any note.

I have ADSM server 2.1 on VM/ESA 2.3 operating system. I do weekly
(Sunday)
full database backup, daily incremental database backup + daily backup
of
devconfig and volhistory.

On Monday November 15. I done deleting of archive data from one of our
clients.
But these archive data we need yet. Therefore I done restoring of ADSM
database to date November 14. 1999. But when I run ADSM backup client
and click to list of archives, archives deleted on Moday
November 15. 1999 I not see. Why ? Is this restoring possible ?
When no, where backups I need doing for this type of restoring client
data
for future ?

I have not one problem. When I run

dsmserv restore db todate=11/14/1999 (this command is writted according
to manual)

I get this error message:

ANR2020E dsmserv: Invalid parameter - 14/1999.

Why ?

Thanks for any answers !

Stano

| Zeleziarne Podbrezova a.s.    Ing. Stanislav KESTER     |
| Ironworks  Podbrezova         system engineer           |
| computer centre               mailto:kester AT zelpo DOT sk    |
| Kolkaren 35                   http://www.zelpo.sk       |
| 976 81 POBREZOVA              tel: +421-867-6452491     |
| Slovak Republic               fax: +421-867-6452402     |

*** email bol kontrolovany antivirom / email was checked by antivirus