ADSM-L

Re: Standalone Restore for Win95/98 PC

1999-11-16 19:14:32
Subject: Re: Standalone Restore for Win95/98 PC
From: Greg Fina <fina AT PHYS.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:14:32 -0500
Recently, I tried this method on a Windows NT machine, which wasn't in
use. I allowed the ADSM scheduler to backup my machine.  The next day, I
formated the hard disk and reinstalled enough of NT to allow me to connect
to my adsm server.  I installed windows in c:\wintemp.  After installing
NT, I added the adsm client software.  I than used the ADSM restore
option and the files were restored but NT could reboot telling me it's
registry files didn't exist.  We want this to be a feasible restore option
for machines in our  department. Is there anything I missed and/or has
anyone done this with success on NT?

Greg