ADSM-L

Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB

2015-10-04 17:37:12
Subject: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB
From: Bill Colwell [mailto:bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Rick, I guess you just have a more active imagination than me! ;-)

I sent a note to someone at Tivoli about this and he replied in part --

    "I agree that we need to look at using an industry
     standard DB for high-end customers.
     Keep pushing for this with other customers.
     Make sure our marketing group understands."

So what does everyone think of this?  Would you want TSM to use
db2/oracle/whatever for the database?  Would it be easier to backup/reorg
tune?  Would you think that your backups are more secure?
Would TSM be a better product?  If performance went down, how much of
a decrease would you accept?

So let's hear it!  Here's your chance for input to a major change in
TSM.

--