ADSM-L

Lock Acquistion Failures During Expire Inventory

1999-11-15 18:34:46
Subject: Lock Acquistion Failures During Expire Inventory
From: "Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT NORWEST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:34:46 -0600
We run inventory expiration weekly. For the past couple of months, we've
been getting the error message,  'Lock acquisition (xLock) failed for
Inventory Node 342 error message, with every Inventory Expiration. Each week
we get more  of these errors than the previous week. We started out with 2,
and now we're up to 18 of these errors-all for this Node 342.
Tivoli support says this is because another process or session is accessing
this node. Because we run Inventory Expiration during the quietest time of
the week, with no other processes, and because the sessions run pretty few
and randomly at this time, I find this difficult to believe.
Does this sound like we have a problem that I should be concerned about, or
should I take Support's word for it that everything is OK?

Peter K. Glass
Distributed Storage Management
Norwest Services, Inc.
*612-667-0086   *612-899-2776