ADSM-L

Storage Information

2015-10-04 17:37:12
Subject: Storage Information
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                Help Please !!!
                I currently have a 3466 Network Storage Manager  running AIX
4.3 and ADSM server code 3.1.2.13
                3494 Tape robot with 5 3590B drives with compression
switched on.

                I am trying to find out storage information regarding
tapepool (onsite) and copypool (offsite)
                storage pools. My problem is the amount of data ADSM thinks
is stored on some tapes,
                With 3590b's 10 Gb capacity 3:1 compression ratio approx,
                max of 30Gb on a tape depending on type of data.

                However when i check storeage pool volumes i get Estimated
capacity upto 147Gb on some tapes !!!!
                How can i tell how much data ADSM is holding on these tapes
correctly.
                I have done a Query Occ & Query Auditocc but this
information is extracted from
                the ADSM database using the storage pool information??????
Any ideas please

Regards,
Keith Etherington,
Snr Software Analyst,