ADSM-L

Re: Notes Agent on NT

1999-11-12 13:59:42
Subject: Re: Notes Agent on NT
From: Steve Fletcher <sfletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:59:42 -0500
I'll try to cover all the questions.....
First, in addition to the Notes machines I am backing up Netware (20 nodes),
UNIX (31 nodes) and other NT node (43 counting the Notes).  The database is 7.5
gig with about 5 gig used.  I pick up on the nightly backups around 90 gigs with
the bulk of the clients connecting between 6:00pm and midnight.

The main Notes server has a separate management class which controls the copy
serialization and is invoked on an include statement in the client options file.
I changed the TCPWINDOWSIZE option in the client options file to a value of 1024
from the default of 32 and the TXNBYTELIMIT from a default of 1024 to 2048 and
saw an increase in through put.  Our Notes servers have lots of memory so I am
uping the values further to try and improve throughput.  The new values are 2048
for TCPW and TXNB 8192.  I am also uping the TCPBUFFSIZE to a value of 64 (the
default is 31 for NT).  I'll let you know how the new values impact throughput.

Good luck and keep me posted!

Steve